Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sunday, June 12, 1927

Sunday, June 12, 1927
Cool

Rained last night and cooled us off till this evening I had to put a blanket around my shoulders as I sat and read. Went to Sunday School and church this AM. Children’s Day. Then I had not finished the dishes yet when Guys and boys drove in and took me to the folks. G & the five boys went to Broad Ripple.

(Aunt Marjorie wrote, "By this time, Uncle Guy's two daughters were nearly grown so probably had other fish to fry. Probably took his two sons, Bob & Don and the three older Smith boys. Don was a year older than Ned. Broad Ripple park in those days contained the 2nd largest swimming pool in the U.S., if I remember correctly. It was a wonderful pool with covered bleachers where spectators could comfortably watch the swimmers. The pool has been gone for many years now.)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete