Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wednesday, April 20, 1927

Wednesday, April 20, 1927
Rain & cold

Ironed all day till 6:30 but got done! Marjorie only offered to go down street once. She played most of the time in Miller’s backyard and ours, with Ned, Phillip and Billy Miller. Don’t like her company but can’t help it.

(That's a lot of ironing. Grandma has written before that she didn't like the Miller kids next door. Too rough a crowd for her children?

Today in the nearby town of Shelbyville, Edna Parker, the world's oldest person turns 115. She was born on April 20, 1893, making her just five months younger than Grandma. We read Grandma's diaries and think how long ago that was. It is amazing that someone near her own age is still living not too far from here!)

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing thought! I've been reading alot about the world's oldest lady too. Your blog is super neat. Makes me wish I had a diary of someone in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally blew my mind with this post - somehow I missed the story. This Indiana woman's life has spanned three centuries with wiggle room on each end.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete