Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sunday, July 11, 1926

Sunday, July 11, 1926
Cool

Took all the family to Sunday school and then after dinner I rested – had an awful headache for a couple hours in the middle of the day – while Gilbert took Dick and Dale for a bike. They went to Riverside, then walked south along the river to the 26th St. bathing beach and report it a fine place although too cool today to go in.

(I'm not sure if Gilbert would have ridden a bike, since his right leg was shorter than his left leg and there were times he had to use a cane to walk. Perhaps he walked along as the boys rode their bikes? I imagine after an afternoon out with the boys, Gilbert might have had some aches and pains from all the walking.)

2 comments:

  1. Riverside is a long way from home & I can't imagine anyone walking that distance, especially an older person with a bad leg. I wonder how he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean that the bathing beach was along the WHITE RIVER??? I wonder if it was as dirty back then......

    ReplyDelete