Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Saturday, June 27, 1925

Saturday, June 27, 1925

My head was much worse and I just didn’t have pep enough for anything. Poor Albert like this for so long no wonder he is cross. Mama took Dale to the O.E.S. picnic at Northern beach. Dick not well enough to go. Dale prepared to stay all night and go to Sunday school in the morning on his way home.

(Sounds like Dale at least got to go somewhere and do something a little different. FYI, O.E.S stands for the Order of the Eastern Star. I don't profess to know much about it, so click on the link if you want more info.

I think that Northern beach refers to some picnic grounds north of Indianapolis in Carmel, at least that is what I found when I did a web search. Sounds like if it is the same place that they have been in business for quite a while and are still in business today.

Poor Grandma, she was still sick, still has boys who were sick, and don't forget she was pregnant while all of this was going on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment