Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Saturday, June 5, 1926

Saturday, June 5, 1926

Finished up the two main rooms downstairs, put up pictures, curtains, etc. Have to leave the little front room till next week. I’m sorry for I want to get done and sew. But the babies take so much attention I have to stop so often and wash my hands and change, feed, etc. Lots of trouble but oh my how worth it! They are such lovely babies pretty as pictures, a china blond doll of a boy and a jolly roly poly romp of a brown eyed baby girl. Dale bought his news route he has wanted so long of Robert Miller who is leaving the neighborhood. Dick got his magazine route.

(Grandma took a lot of pride in her home and the cleanliness of it, even though she didn't have a lot of money to spend on it. Sounds like the older boys are going into business with a paper route and a magazine route.)

1 comment:

  1. As far as I know the boys always had paper routes & were always looking for ways to make money to help out. I remember her curtains were of the sheer type and to dry she would put them on curtain stretchers (wooden frames with little nails sticking out to hook onto the curtain material. It left the curtains with little scallops aroung the edges

    ReplyDelete