Saturday, February 18, 2006

Tuesday, February 17, 1925

Tuesday, February 17, 1925

I felt better and stronger today. Scrubbed the linoleum and cleaned up the house and spritzed my clothes but didn’t get to iron till after dinner. Mama came over and sewed on buttons and patches. We sent Dale and Dick to the dentist. Dick had a new tooth behind a baby tooth and couldn’t seem to get the baby tooth out so it didn’t take the dentist long. He filled one for Dale and gave them tooth paste.

(Now we know what she wanted to scrub... the floors! I guess that makes sense. More time on laundry. Not only did she have a lot of washing to do, she also does a lot of ironing and near constant mending. Mama is her mother.

Dale and Dick go to the dentist alone. I'm assuming they are 7 and 6 years old respectively when she sent them alone to the dentist.)

1 comment:

  1. I am not related to Ruth, but I have been enjoying her diary. I find everyday life from a different era fascinating. Thanks for posting it.
    I walked six blocks home from school by myself when I was five years old in the first grade in Los Angeles. This was in 1948. Other kids did the same.

    ReplyDelete