Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sunday, December 13, 1925

Sunday, December 13, 1925
Cloudy and rain

Collin’s wanted their picture for Mrs. Smith’s album so Gilbert went over and took them but it was really too dark. I was all day getting my work done. Was tired, too. An article by Edgar Guest in the paper on gifts just struck Gilbert. It seems he doesn’t like useful gifts so my heart is like lead. He won’t like his desk.

(The Collin's lived across the street from Grandma. They had two children, a boy and a girl.

I wonder if the Edgar Guest who wrote the article is the same as the poet Edgar Guest? Seems like about the same time period, and he was "a newspaper man".

Remember from yesterday that Grandma got Gilbert a desk for Christmas. I think he probably ended up liking it. She had it in the house until she died.)

No comments:

Post a Comment