Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sunday, April 11, 1926

Sunday, April 11, 1926

Well it turned cool and rainy so we went to the folks between showers but I wore my old coat. Ventured my new hat and didn’t get it wet it happens. The kids were worse than usual. They didn’t know what to do with themselves and we had a time keeping them from tearing up jack. Was glad when the time came to come home.

(Hats were an important part of a woman's wardrobe in the 1920's. And Grandma worked as milliner (hat maker) before she got married, so I think she had an 'eye' for pretty hats.

Those boys must have been something else when they all played together. Hmmm... reminds me of a couple of nephews, well, actually reminds me of all of my nephews who in their day were quite capable of "tearing up jack".)

1 comment:

  1. You know some things never change. It is still hard to take your kids to a place where there are no kids, thus no toys, and keep them entertained without destroying the house. Good thing someone invented GameBoy and Nintendo!

    ReplyDelete