Thursday, May 24, 2007

Monday, May 24, 1926

Monday, May 24, 1926
Hot

Washed and got done fairly early. I feel lots better than I did last week. The men came this afternoon to put on the new roof.

(Coincidently, I'll be getting a new roof one week from today, meaning 81years and 1 week after Grandma got a new roof, I'm getting a new roof. I plan to be home when they do it, at least in the beginning to make sure they use the right shingles. But after awhile, I think the pounding on the roof will be annoying, so I'll leave.

"Papa's Tonic" must have done the trick to make Grandma feel better!)

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps Ruth was a little anemic - not uncommon in young mothers - and her father's tonic contained iron?

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever the tonic was, it must have worked. I'd love to have some

    ReplyDelete