Thursday, March 16, 2006

Monday, March 16, 1925

Monday, March 16, 1925
Clear and warm

I got at my washing late but got it all out and ironed some and felt that I had done a pretty good days work if I did feel draggy. I never get started at anything till after I get Albert off to kindergarten. He enjoys going so much. He is in the pink of condition now. I don’t know what he weighs but he is as fat as can be and rosy. He is such a pretty, sweet little boy.

(For those who are reading who might not be completely familiar with the family, Albert grew up and attended Harvard University, converted to Catholicism and became a Jesuit priest. He spent most of his career teaching philosophy at the Univ. of San Francisco. He might have been in the pink of condition at 5 but I don't think he enjoyed the most robust health as an adult. One of his classmates at Harvard was Avery Cardinal Dulles, S.J. You can read more about Cardinal Dulles at this web site: http://www.fordham.edu/dulles/bio.shtml

Albert must have been very good in school, as I believe he had a full scholarship to Harvard.)

No comments:

Post a Comment