Thursday, July 06, 2006

Monday, July 6, 1925

Monday, July 6, 1925
Hot

Albert still feverish and sick. I washed early and Mable came to try my dress on me. My feet swelled till I could hardly stand. Ned cries after me so these days. He won’t let me out of his sight. He won’t play except at my heels and he hugs that blanket till he is all broken out with the heat. He is so trying.

(Remember, Grandma is pregnant, which is probably why she was getting a new dress and why her feet swelled up if she stood a lot. I can only imagine how trying it must have been to have no air condititioning and sick kids, with no medicine to take for whatever they had. By the way, most of us who read this diary regulary assume that Albert had mono which is why he was sick for so long.)

No comments:

Post a Comment