Monday, August 20, 2007

Friday, August 20, 1926

Friday, August 20, 1926
Partly cloudy

Got my work done up and made a hurried trip down town leaving the babies asleep with Dick. Had a few little things to see after and wasn’t gone long. Got Gilbert a madras shirt. He wants to try it out and see whether they wear longer than the percale as they cost more. Papa sent his piano out so of course I didn’t do much after that but play. Am dreadfully out of practice and my hands are so stiff I can scarcely stripe an octave. The piano sounds fine and I am so glad to get it.

(Dick was kind of young to watch two little ones, by today's standards.)

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, they had madras back then? And here I thought it dated from the '60s when all the "soshes" in high school wore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the shirt wore well. I never thought of madras cloth being sturdy. All I remember is the colors would bleed, (way back when)

    ReplyDelete