Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Saturday, August 21, 1926

Saturday, August 21, 1926
Partly cloudy

A busy day – made a little jelly out of my concord grapes – just a few this year but before this we had none. They weren’t ripe but just right for jelly and I picked them before the kids got them. The yard is full of boys most of the time – about a dozen from the age of 13 down. Cleaned up the house and finished Gilbert’s shirt, cut some grass, weeds, etc. played the piano and what not? Something I have eaten disagrees with me and I have pretty severe pains in my bowels again this evening. The little dog next door at Miss Dunlea’s is howling for “Wayne”. I’d like to choke it.

(Aunt Marjorie wrote, "Who's "Wayne"? I don't remember Miss Dunlea ever having a dog. Anyway, she must have had a talking dog! I don't have a problem with kids getting my concord grapes - the birds get them first."

I think the dog's howling must have sounded like "wayne" I hope it wasn't hurt or something.)

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember any neighbors having dogs, so maybe it was a stray. I don't think she was an animal lover. We always had a cat but that was to keep the mouse population down

    ReplyDelete