Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sunday, August 15, 1926

Sunday, August 15, 1926
Rain

Ned and I went to Sunday school between showers. The other boys had gone on before. Afterwards we walked up town and got Gilbert some medicine for his hay fever and window shopped. The boys looked in the drug stores, sporting goods windows and I looked at dresses as I have one to make over and I want to get pointers. After dinner it poured rain and we had a nice quiet day at home together. We really like these days the best. I put in most of the evening learning the touch system of type writing. I feel it will be quite a help in writing letters and lots of fun, too.

(Aunt Marjorie wrote, "When I was young, Mother would go window shopping to get "pointers" for making Eleanor and me dresses".

And can you imagine how Grandma enjoyed the typewriter, once she learned to use it, how it made letter writing easier? Fast forward 80 years and imagine a young mother learning how to use Outlook to send emails to her friends and family to make exchanging letters easier. Every generation learns something new.)

No comments:

Post a Comment