Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thursday, August 26, 1926

Thursday, August 26, 1926
Cool

Had a discouraging day. Went to cut out a shirt for Gilbert and for the first time in my life cut it wrong and had to wait till I can get some more goods. Then I worked all afternoon and evening to make a dress out of a beautiful piece of goods that was a coat lining of Mama’s. She took the coat and made a dress of it and gave me the lining. After I got it to where I could try it on I found it all crooked and not big enough any way so I guess I’ll just have to put it away for Marjorie. But I did hope I could have a dress out of it myself.

(Can you believe that Grandma made a dress out of the lining from a coat? They didn't throw anything away, which is probably why she was discouraged after cutting the shirt wrong.)

No comments:

Post a Comment