Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Saturday, January 2, 1926

Saturday, January 2, 1926
Foggy

The boys show the effects of eating too much Christmas candy and nuts and staying in the house too much this past couple of weeks. They got so peevish I suggested a walk in the fresh air which did them lots of good. Gilbert came home about four and I got ready and made a hurried trip to town to get the gloves fitted that Guy gave me for Christmas. Mrs. Collins was here a little while before I left to see what we got for Christmas. I had to hurry home so Gilbert could go to the bank and the show. I was so tired every muscle ached and I felt could never get the boys to bed.

(I've never heard of having gloves fitted, but I suppose 'back then' when women wore gloves any time they went out, a good fitting pair of gloves was more of a necessity.

Aunt Marjorie sent me her comments for the 1st two weeks of January and wrote for January 2, "When I was a child, my friends and I visited to see what we all got for Christmas. I didn't know adults did that, too. I'm glad Daddy (Gilbert) had opportunities to have relaxation. What I remember most was his stiffness and apparent pain." (Gilbert suffered from Parkinson's Disease.)

Guy is Grandma's brother, Mrs. Collins lived across the street.)

1 comment:

  1. We wear gloves for warmth today. Back then I think gloves were part of the ensemble. Any season you didn't go any place without your hat & gloves

    ReplyDelete