Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thursday, January 14, 1926

Thursday, January 14, 1926
Fair and warmer

A lovely winter day. Household affairs moved very smoothly today. I got my ironing all done and a lot of mending that has been stacking up for six weeks. The baby is so good or I wouldn’t ever be able to get my work done. She doesn’t sleep as much the last few days but she just lies in her bed and never cries. Ned is the little chatterbox. Right at my heels all the time talking. He says words (or tries to) and expect me to make them into sentences. And he keeps up till I do. When I don’t understand what he means he keeps repeating till I feel almost distracted at times. He just makes me tired talking so much.

(Wouldn't we all love to have a good day like this one was for Grandma, when we seem to get all of our work done!

My memories of Uncle Ned are that he was a fairly quiet man, so it is a bit surprising to read he was a "chatterbox".)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol...thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment:-) I always enjoy "meeting" new people!! My name is Carole too but with an "e"! Oh my, your blog is so very interesting and I'll be back for sure!! Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chatterbox Ned grew up & got a doctorate in Geology. He was also an airplane mechanic during world war 2. He taught geology at Purdue

    ReplyDelete