Sunday, January 07, 2007

Thursday, January 7, 1926

Thursday, January 7, 1926
Fair

A lovely winter day. I ironed all morning and when Albert came from kindergarten he begged me so hard to go to the Mothers’ meeting that I decided to get ready and go when the boys came from school. Ned and Marjorie both looked too peaked from their cold. Ned is real pale and thin and Marjorie has it in her eyes, so I left them both asleep and they got along all right. Dale knows how to fix the milk and barley. Got there late of course and found Miss Ida Connor speaking. She and I got to be friends when Dale was in kindergarten and she attended those Mothers’ meetings. I was glad to see her again. She remembered me. I had an enjoyable time.

(I don't know many five year olds today who would even be aware that there was a Mothers' meeting at their school, let alone beg their mother to attend it! Perhaps Albert's teacher talked a lot about it and told them all to have their mothers go to it.)

2 comments:

  1. This is very neat! Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mother going to some of my parent openhouses. She had a lot of foot problems so I don't know how she did it all. Of course you do all kinds of things for your children.

    ReplyDelete