Monday, August 07, 2006

Friday, August 7, 1925

Friday, August 7, 1925

Finished my ironing and sat and did my mending while I rested. The boys all are so well and happy these days. They surely are growing now. Ned says lots of words and is as cute as a button these days. The boys think there never was a baby as sweet.

(I guess a benefit of the older boys being grounded to their own yard and house is they spent more time with their little brother, Ned, who was 2 at this time. Grandma still refers to him as the "baby". I assume she stopped that once she had her next baby in a few months.

And for those who read the diaries all spring, it is nice to no longer have to read about all that illness they had, isn't it?)

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I stopped by to say thanks for visiting Petunia's Garden and saw this blog. I'm working on typing my mother in law's childhood memories she's written(born 1926) from a homestead in Montana to teen years in the 40s. Thanks for sharing the diaries!

    I'll be back to read more.

    ReplyDelete