Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sunday, September 20, 1925

Sunday, September 20, 1925
Rain

Well I wonder this evening what the night will bring if anything. I opened the Bible to Psalm 127, by accident. It seemed so appropriate though and comforting. Ever since one o’clock today I’ve been uneasy. If I could only know whether to call Mrs. Little or not! Grace called up today to see why I hadn’t been to Sunday school lately, she reports Georgia as seriously ill.


(Psalm 127: “Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it. Unless the Lord guard the city, in vain does the guard keep vigil. It is vain for you to rise early, or put off your rest, You that eat hard-earned bread, for he gives to his beloved in sleep.

Behold sons are a gift form the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the sons of one’s youth. Happy the man whose quiver is filled with them; they shall not be put to shame when they contend with enemies at the gate.”

Grandma did generally go to Sunday School and church each week, but she did not go out of the house in the later stages of her pregnancy. She told us when we were kids that it wasn’t proper to do so in her day.

I do not know who Grace or Georgia were, probably just friends from church.)

1 comment:

  1. The only Grace I knew of was Grace Morgan. They were good friends from church and occasionally visited.They had a son John and a daughter Janet, both older than me.I'm not familiar with Georgia but is probably a church friend and it does sound familiar but I can't place her.

    ReplyDelete